euthanasia

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 21 00:12:03 EST 1998

A few years after I was born (in a little house on the prairie), I had
tonsils removed under ether anesthesia, but recall only the night in
the hotel (n.b.: not hospital) afterwards.  A couple of years after
this, a repeat tonsillectomy, and I recall induction (ether dripping on
a gauze cone? by nurse/receptionist?) only vaguely,but unpleasant; I
vividly recall the ether dream, residual complaint of nausea
(nurse/receptionist amused by such a little boy saying "OK, but my
stomach is a little nauseated").  I think pungent odor as well as total
experience more unpleasant for a macrosmic animal such as a rat.

Dislocation of neck AFTER perfusion?  a bit redundant? ("overkill"?)
When the returning fluid begins to run clear, isn't it pretty much all
over?  If not, wouldn't the first jolt of formalin do it?

F. LeFever