long term potentiation

Hannah Dvorak-Carbone hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 22 13:21:23 EST 1998

In article <70lrmr$82g$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>, Hemidactylus at my-dejanews.com
says...

[snip]

>I am presently in search of references that critique the use of LTP as a
>model for vertebrate memory processing. Anybody know where I can find some
>good ones? Perhaps LTP is a good model for memory processes, but I would like
>for someone here to give a serious critique.

I've only just started reading this article, so I don't know how good it's
going to be, but you may want to look at Shors and Matzel 1997, Long-term
potentiation: What's learning got to do with it?  Behavioral and Brain Sciences
20(4):597-655.  For those of you not familiar with this journal, it's actually
kind of cool.  They start with an article on a controversial topic, then send
it out to experts in the field for comments, then publish the article along
with all the commentaries, so you get exposed to several sides of the debate.
This may be just what you're looking for.

- Hannah Dvorak-Carbone

[rest snipped]