good neuro textbooks

Hannah Dvorak-Carbone hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Fri Oct 23 15:43:51 EST 1998

It's being used for the introductory neuro class here at Caltech this year,
and it's definitely available here.  I haven't had a good look at it, but they
used to use Kandel, Schwartz and Jessell for this same class, so it's probably
pretty good.  The "look" of it struck me and some of my labmates as a little
odd, though.  It's very colourful, reminiscent of my high school textbooks.
The 1999 copyright date is kind of a scam, IMHO. There don't seem to be any
references more recent than 1998, which is not surprising given the lead time
required to produce a textbook.  But since when are copyright dates post-dated?
New car model years are one thing, but it seems silly to allow a book published
in '98 to be copyrighted '99...

- Hannah Dvorak-Carbone

In article <01bdfe68$8773a980$81a22090 at Magpie.york.ac.uk>, pjw106 at york.ac.uk
says...