Validity of CAT Scan Images

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 25 10:00:49 EST 1998

MRI would probably give you a better picture for exact loci, amounts of
damage.  Much depends on exactly where and exactly how much within the
general areas you cited--frontal lobes are regionally heterogenous
regarding function.

The other factor is the resiliency and potential for compensation in
very young brains.

Your doctors have alerted you to POSSIBLE areas of difficulty, but what
the priactical impact will be can only be known bit by bit as the boy
matures and confronts his "milestones"!

Did they suggest "cerebral palsy" or no?  I have had patients and
college classmates with very striking motor problems but better than
average intellectual ability.  It is highly individual and variable.

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group

In <uOn0AvBA#GA.158 at upnetnews03> "G&R S"
<RED_SCOUT.removethistosend at email.msn.com> writes:

>Our baby boy has had problems during birth.  both a Ultrasound scan
and CAT
>scan were done.  Both shown damage to the same areas of the brain.
(Taken at