Can a human being remember pain ?

DK cooper17.spamless at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 25 05:14:19 EST 1998

>> >Pain receptors may retain some sensitivity after a prolonged bout of
firing
>> >(LTP?). This form of sensory memory probably finds its origin at the
>> sensory
>> >receptor sites, possibly the brainstem, probably not higher. It makes
>> sense,
>> >an area once injured should be 'watched' more carefully by the CNS,
>> although
>> >there do seem to be circumstances where the mechanism goes overboard.

>> Is this why some people who have suffered terrible burns can continue to
>> feel as though the burns are fresh or even occurring for years after any
>> clinical reason for pain has healed?
>> --Katrina

>Katrina, If you are (or anyone else is), wondering why I so persist in
what's so
>seemingly-negative... (massive snippage of re-iteration of personal
goals)...

What? What? What? Where do I say anything to you? Where do I say anything
*about* you? I asked a
perfectly straightforward medical question of the group at large, and
certainly resent being ranted at by someone assuming all sorts of weird shit
aimed at himself. If anyone else feels like actually answering my question,
that would be appreciated.
--Katrina