NYNG (was "Autonomic Nervous System")

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 26 21:46:45 EST 1998

In <71083e$1rk$1 at news-1.news.gte.net> rand at mindless.com (Steven
Edwards) writes:

- - - - - - - (snip) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>>F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
>>New York Neuropsychology Group
>
>What kind of stuff does your group study? The name sounds good.
>
>Steven Edwards - rand at mindless.com
>Spinal Confusion - http://come.to/SpinalConfusion

Individually, members study MANY things--neuropsychology of epilepsy,
traumatic head injury, problems of testing non-English-speaking
patients, deep dyslexia, prosopagnosia, Alzheimer's dementia, adult
ADD, neuroimmune/neruopsychology relationships, etc., etc., etc.

The "Group" is simply a multidisciplinary nonprofit scientific and
educational organization, established in 1979 "to provide a forum for
discussion of brain-behavior relationships".  We do this mainly through
presenting an annual conference (for the last 18 yrs or so, at NYU
Medical Ctr, NYC), and a variable number of evening lectures (in recent
years, usually at NY Academy of Sciences).  It also serves as sort of
"networking" medium for people in the neuropsych community in the NYC
area, calling attention to various other activities sponsored by other
groups or institutions (e.g. selected psychiatry or neurology rounds at
local med schools, seminar series such as those by NYU Ctr for Neural
Science, etc.).

i.e., it is all face-to-face, and in the New York City area, but we do
have a web-page (as yet, rather sparse and primitive):
www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/6117/index.html

F. LeFever
NYNG