Info requested on Neuroimaging

Harm-Jan Wieringa wieringa at compuserve.com
Thu Oct 29 02:51:59 EST 1998

fMRI is nice, but is not clinical routine yet, but it IS very popular in the
research world. One of the problems is to get good stimulation of the
patient in the fMRI although special equipment is available for that
nowadays.

High-resolution, you mean in space. In time it is not so good, due to the
fact that the hemodynamic response takes about 3 seconds. With EEG and MEG
you have millisecond resolution, so this is in time better. You can select
which response you want to localize on.

There are efforts on the way to combine both techniques. They may supplement
each other. Some go even so far as to measure the EEG in the MRI scanner,
during an fMRI experiment.

Regards,
Harm-Jan

<3637CAC9.D93CE6D9 at pop3.concentric.net>...