Time Magazine: Man of the Millennium

Joe Cosby joecosby at ticbuj.seatac.net
Sun Sep 20 02:34:18 EST 1998

** To reply in e-mail, remove "ticbuj." from address **

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:53:17 -0400, Pat York wrote about Re: Time Magazine: Man of the Millennium:
> Who is this person, Peter?  Did this have to do with China's invasion of Japan?
> In article <36035DDB.9AB94789 at OntheNet.com.au>, tonyg at OntheNet.com.au wrote:
> <For me, the one act by a single person that had greatest influence on the
> <nature of this millennium was the burning of the Chinese fleet and the
> <turning of the Chinese empire for outward looking to an enclosed "universe"
> <oblivious and contemptous of the rest of the world.

I don't think they ever did, did they?  The Mongols tried, in like the 13-
1400's.  And Japan tried to invade China in I think the 1500's.  (The
phrase 'their eyes were bigger than their stomachs' springs to mind.)

Joe Cosby

Devout member of the Church of Amiga since 1990

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
    Boldness has genius, power and magic in it" - Goethe