Unexplained memory disorder

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 2 00:03:19 EST 1999

Don't recognize the name. A neuropsychologist? Doon't find him/her in
INS directory.  What institution?  What did Dr. Addenbrookes do before
saying he/she said "we don't know"? ( he? she? we? wish you'd include
first names.  For world-famous people, last name suffices; but
otherwise--?).  "Waiting 6 months for reply" sounds like you expected
an answer oon the basis of a letter and/or your webpage. Thatis NOT
what I recommended.  I recommended TTHORGOUGH neuropsych exam, by
SOMEBODY WITH EXPERTISE not only in memory disorders but in generral
clinical neuropsych.  In the absence of that, "we don't know" is the
ONLY answer an ethical neuropsycholigist can give.  NO ethical
neuropsychologist (or, for that matter, neurologist or psychiatrist)
will give you a diagnosis based on a letter, phone call, or webpage.

In the meantime, that "new syndrome" I allluded too at the end of my
reply cannot be ruled out...

Perhaps you're getting the same satisfaction out of having an
unexplained "memory problem" that someone else in this newsgroup (wse
all know who) gets out of having a misunderstood, neglected, censored,
and unreadable ttheory tthatt explains the brain, the stock market, ans
several aspects of physics...

Are you yanking our chain?  wasting our time?  did you waste Dr.
Addenbrooke's time?

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group

In <37a4a1a8.1626468 at news.freeserve.co.uk> liams at cwcom.net (Loonyl)
writes:

>Hi frank,
>this is the same person as before.
>I did go to the links you mentioned,
>and was seen by Addenbrookes in London.
>(waited 6 months for the reply, it was "we don't know", end of story)
>I have seen a neurologist, neuro-psychiatrist, neuropsychologist
>psychologist etc but no-one has the answer.
>I hope I'm not wasting anyones time here, it is a genuine request for
>help, and i do try any options put forward.
>Cheers
>liam
>
>On 1 Aug 1999 03:30:29 GMT, flefever at ix.netcom.com(F. Frank LeFever)
>wrote:
>

>>Somehow this name and the complaint soound familiar.
>>
>>Did I respond to this a few months ago? a year ago?
>>
>>Well, probably you don't remember...
>>
>>Anyway, I had asked about location (London?), thatt sort of thing.
Had