neuroscientific basis

Rev. Scatological Warfare revscat at nospamplease.airmail.net
Mon Aug 2 15:09:36 EST 1999

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 00:23:57 -0400, "ikinari" <adaly at getsmartz.com>
wrote:

>I am not going to debate a host of questions perhaps best left for Plato or
>Aristotle.  But, how about engaging in a purely 20th century discussion on
>the neuroscientific basis of the current philosophical dogma?  Bottom line,
>is anyone on this chat group interested in imporved neurotransmitter
>production post blood-brain barrier (i.e. dopamine and acetylcholine)?  Why
>aren't more resources in our society tasked for improving not only our
>physical selves, but our mental existence?

You might want to look into reading some stuff by Tim Leary and John
Lilly. They both used psychedelics to experiment with the human mind,
and were pioneers in the area. Lilly in particular did some
interesting research with isolation tanks, and Leary did some
interesting studies with LSD and alcoholics. Look into it because I
think this is what you are looking for.