neuroscientific basis

Michael Alexander kestrel9 at worldnet.att.xxx.net
Mon Aug 2 18:09:32 EST 1999

What if they found a way to boost your brain power, but you wouldn't be you
any more?  Would you go for it?  How much can they change the brain and what
kind of changes can be made to your brain without making you somebody else?
I usually think of my memories as being my soul.  If my memories get erased,
I'm dead.  I shouldn't have had that last beer.  What effect would brain
enhancement have on emotions?

ikinari <adaly at getsmartz.com> wrote in message
news:7o36a0$bgb$1 at autumn.news.rcn.net...
> I am not going to debate a host of questions perhaps best left for Plato
or
> Aristotle.  But, how about engaging in a purely 20th century discussion on
> the neuroscientific basis of the current philosophical dogma?  Bottom
line,
> is anyone on this chat group interested in imporved neurotransmitter
> production post blood-brain barrier (i.e. dopamine and acetylcholine)?
Why