Unexplained memory disorder

Loonyl liam at freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 13:57:40 EST 1999

Hi Frank,

I will see if I have a "Formal Report" when I go to see my doctor (on
Monday)

As for the remainder of my previous post, any comments?

Cheers
Liam

On 5 Aug 1999 03:44:36 GMT, flefever at ix.netcom.com(F. Frank LeFever)
wrote:

>In <37a899c9.6626473 at news.freeserve.co.uk> liam at freeserve.co.uk
>(Loonyl) writes:
>>
>>Hi Frank,
>>thanks for your reply.
>>
>>I'm off to see my doctor soon, so I ask about the letter from Dr Owen.
>>

>NOT "a letter": a FORMAL REPORT.  (you'll do best if you quote exactly,
>not paraphrase or use what you take to be synonyms--remember,
>neuropsychiatrist is not neuropsychologist, memory lab is not memory
>clinic, etc., etc.)
>
>F. LeFever
>

>>If you would contact Barbara Wilson I would be very greatful.
>>If you want a letter giving my consent for you to discuss or view my
>>medical records, your more than welcome.
>>
>>It's just been dragging on and on, and any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Liam
>>PS I'm off to the doctors in a couple of days, so i'll post back then
>>with any further info.
>>thanks again
>>
>>On 4 Aug 1999 03:34:14 GMT, flefever at ix.netcom.com(F. Frank LeFever)
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Well, it doesn't sound like you got much of a neuropsych exam.
>>>
>>>Four to six hours would be a minimum for a full battery, and a full
>>>battery would be called for if one is really trying not only to
>decide
>>>if a patient has some kind of a memory disorder but to determine the
>>>type and the severity, and to evaluate its place in the whole context
>>>of other functions, both for differential diagnosis, and for planning
>>>possible treatment.
>>>
>>>It would be unethical for anyone involved to discuss your case with
>me
>>>without your written permission, but if you wish I could forward this
>>>to Barbara for her to judge for herself whether Dr. Owen's efforts
>were
>>>adequate and met her own standards.
>>>
>>>Did Dr. Owen give you a written report?  You have a right to one,
>>>including names of tests and the scores (at least here, in NY State
>of
>>>the USA).
>>>
>>>My apologies.  It was hard getting it out of you, but it appears you
>>>did make a reasonable effort to get proper service.
>>>
>>>F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
>>>New York Neuropsychology Group

:            http://www.mental-health.freeserve.co.uk
:                 All you ever wanted to know,
:                  but were too tired to ask        :o)