Recovering from brain damadge

gordon.kerr gordon.kerr at net.ntl.com
Sun Aug 8 02:37:08 EST 1999

Working in Mental Health/Learning Disability for ages, never known a
time
where there is so much research on things that might work for you. So
many
good books.
One I like is Mind Sculpture by Ian Robertson,(Bantam Press)easy to read
&  not too
technical.
As for the actual things you could do, movement exercises like Tai Chi,
Yoga , educational kinesiology are purported to be beneficial.
Then there are things like Audio-visual stimulation, & bio-feedback
while
some people believe alternative  herbal therapies like Gingko Biloba
increase
blood flow to the brain,  which has to help. Speed reading or
photoreading
could maybe also reduce your frustration.
Hope this does not read like an ad;

As for web sites covering some of these things go to:
Strathearn Neurological Access Point
www.sol.co.uk/
likewise to help you stay focussed:
http://webm3336.ntx.net/