Shaken baby syndrome

Jeffrey P. Utz, M.D. utzj at auhs.edu
Wed Aug 18 11:07:45 EST 1999

I agree with Dr. LeFever. Do get consent of the parents to talk to the
neuropsychologist though. In addition, the child might benefit from you
talking to his pediatrician. If he was involved in some sort of preschool
(esp. special ed preschool) it would be worth while to talk to the teachers
and as well as the people who diagnosed him for what his progress and
observed limits are. Again, you probably should get consent of the parents,
first. Did you talk to the parents about the history? This would be very
helpful as well, because you need to work with the parents.

Jeff Utz