Do vision cells have an intrinsic orientation?

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 18 22:51:49 EST 1999

John--

I've given up on him.

Don't you know that EVERYTHING is "old stuff, reprocessed" because his
magnum opus anticipated ALL that modern neuroscience has discovered in
the past 30 years and WILL discover in the next 30 years.  (IF you read
it in just the right way, redefine terms to "make it fit", etc.) Oh,
and did I mention physics? the stock market (Greenspan must be green
with envy: HE cannot make the market go up or down just by passing gas,
but guess who can!)

Frank

In <934590155.686849 at server.australia.net.au> "John"
<johnhkm at netsprintXXXX.net.au> writes:

>Ken Collins wrote in message ...
>>this's old stuff, reprocessed.
>

>It's news to me. My primary interest here is if the same cells for all
>individuals retain the orientation, looking for a genetic component as
I've
>always entertained the idea that there simply isn't sufficient genetic
>information to code for every neuron placement and function. There may
be
>some intrinsic difference in the determined neurones and the plastic
ones,
>this may provide clues to developmental plasticity.
>
>Please provide relevant refs as I would like to follow this through at
some
>point, which is a long time down the track anyway at present.
Alternatively,
>go find some new stuff to discuss, I can't remember everything to the
extent
>to determine whether's its news or not. Who do you think I am,
Shereskeskii?