Brain Less Responsive During Depression, But Can Recover

Sir Knowitall removeallbut.fellin.onthisside at one.net.au
Thu Aug 26 22:14:16 EST 1999

Arthur Janov has expressed it in terms of, and to the meaning of [and he
does it so simply that most people -- given they were not AEVASIVEly
adjusted -- should be able to at least intuitively agree] that: "Depression
is repression of Pain" .

Or, IOW, loosely described, partly using my own -- most deeply schematically
defined, possible -- (acronymal) "concEPTs":

Depression is a muting mode of AEVASIVEly handling life-situationally put
(piled up - via any relevant form of conditioning - in the brain)
~CCKHHURSSEES~".

[If you dare you may go to http://www.ozemail.com.au/~fellin/main.htm and
take a look at what I describe as:
A (my) "philanthropically oriented outlook", and an "encompassing
philosophical thesis" or "explanatory platform of terms"; a "platform" for a
(in a sense) "effectively philosophy terminating", or, at least, a close to
(psychologically) onerously overwhelming "philosophically optimised
overview" -- one that is *basically* entirely aligned with scientifically
and academically established priniples and theories.

Peter F.

Ken Collins <KPaulC at email.msn.com> wrote in message
news:#m9AsAr7#GA.225 at cpmsnbbsa02...
> no takers?
>
> it's a sorrow.
>
> ken collins
>
> Ken Collins <KPaulC at email.msn.com> wrote in message
> news:#2uAfw76#GA.184 at cpmsnbbsa05...
> > from the site:
> >
> > "Here we have an objective measure that suggests the brains of depressed
> > patients do not function normally," [...]
> >
> > no, here we have an example of 'normal' brain function not being
> recognized,
> > comprehended, and acknowledged.
> >
> > 'depression' is an beautifully-functional, 'engineered'-in, mechanism,
> upon
> > which survival depends.
snip