Cortical Reorganization Compensation Packages

John johnhkm at netsprintXXXX.net.au
Thu Aug 26 23:13:10 EST 1999

Cortical Reorganization
Compensation Packages

--
Regions of the brain that mediate our perception of sound are requisitioned
by the visual system in some deaf people, while in the blind redundant

--
They measured brain potentials in the primary auditory cortex, the first
stop for auditory information entering the brain, and found that this area

--
"I think this is strong evidence that even primary cortical areas whose
functional associations are very strongly biased can be reorganised," said

--
http://www.biomednet.com/biomednews/news.exe?file=conf%2Fsfn98%2FTuesday%2Fi
ndex.html