Nicholas Update

Guenther And Rocio Schweigl RED_SCOUT at email.msn.com
Tue Feb 2 09:43:00 EST 1999

Nicholas (Born Sept 13, 98) was diagnosed with Stage 3 brain damage after
birth due to problems in the womb.  At the onset, we as parents turned to
this N/G to find some anwers (and thank you to those that did provide them
as best as you could)

Currently, Nicholas (4-1/2 months old) is doing very well (actual, about 1
to 2 months ahead of milestones set for normal babies).  He's happy, alert,
vocalizing and active with no signs on any problems so much so that he has
impressed the the doctors that did the initial diagnosis.

We can only hope that this remains this way (knock on wood).

Our approach , for those that may have similar problems.

1.    Lot's of love.
2.    If you believe and feel that they have no handicap and that the what
ever the outcome is normal and not a problem (so will your child) and it
will fail to become a problem that can't be dealed with.
3.    Learn everything that you can (read, ask, question).
4.    Enjoy yourself with your child and play games which help in active
learning.
5.    Be consistant and ensure that everyone that is in contact with him
follows the objects that you set forth.
6.    Hope your luck and no problems develop.
7.    Pray. Pray Lots! (It doesn't hurt).

It pays to stack the deck in your favour for the best outcome.

Regards,

Guenther Schweigl

(Thanks F.F. LeFever for all of the information that you provided).