Freedom of speech is not absolutely protected

Ron Blue rcb5 at MSN.COM
Tue Feb 2 15:08:40 EST 1999

>: There's an old saying by Will Rogers: "Often the smartest
>: thing to do is shut up and mind your own business". I would say
>: it's pretty good advice for Mr. Johnson to follow.

It is important from a legal point of view to notice that freedom of
speech is not absolute.   You can not yell "fire" in a theater that is
not on fire.   You can not damage another financial or their standing
in the community with false statements as determined by the legal
process, not the opinion of truth as determined by the individual.

Normally, in the legal process, no one pays the legal expenses of
another because almost any opinion of reality is likely to have some
merit.

Ron Blue