The Art of Computer Mindmaking

Dennis Clark dlc at fc.hp.com
Tue Feb 2 14:17:15 EST 1999

Thane Hubbell (redsky at ibm.net) wrote:
: On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:31:45, "Judson McClendon"
: <judmc123 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
: > Arthur T. Murray wrote:
: > [snip]
: > >  Soon, when Mind.forth "quickens" or comes full circle in its ...
: > [snip]
: > Such we have been hearing from the AI folks for decades.  Soon ...
: > Actually it's been Looooooooooonnnnnnnnnng, and we're stilllll...
: > waiting.  But Soon ...

: You may not know this, but Mr Murray is a Turing machine.  You are
: talking to an AI!
: (Actually, I don't know that to be a fact.... but it could be.........

  Sounds like that Mentaflex chap that was so annoying a while back and
landed in my kill file.  It bugs me to look up someones nostrils while he
insists on using $5 words to describe a 10 cent idea.  It makes my head
hurt.

DLC