Dolphin brain

Tim Tillman tillman at ithink.net
Tue Feb 2 21:01:01 EST 1999

In a previous post, I wrote the following:

"Witness the "dumb jock" in high school.  He may bed tens of girls while in
high school on the five year plan.  He may unwittingly become a father due
to his exploitations.  That offspring has a greater chance of coming into
existance, than one fathered by a super genius who lacks other qualities.
That offspring, by virtue of its existance, has an infinately better chance
of reproducing, than the non-existent offspring of a super genius who lacks
other qualities."

After giving a bit of thought to my previous statement, I have this to
offer.  The super genius may not contribute his own genes to the population,
but his pressence might enable the group to faie better.  He may discover a
safe way to dispose of nuclear waste.  He may cure the common cold.  He may
end world hunger.  Group selection in action.