Organophosphate Induced Polyneuropathy and Parkinson's

Stewart Title of Idaho webmaster at stewartid.com
Thu Feb 4 11:44:54 EST 1999

I know that I should perhaps lurk before speaking, but I don't have the time
to wait for answers anymore. 5 years ago my parents were exposed to Dursban
(an organophosphate) along with Carbamates, and misc. "inerts" in their
home.

The misapplication put them in contact with levels 17,000X higher than EPA
approved levels (and THAT testing was 32 months after the application and
the insulation, walls and floors had been released). I have had to take them
into my home during the past three years, and have watched my dad's steady
decline into Parkinson's (just diagnosed 2 days before Christmas '98).

My questions are:

IS there ANY research into organophosphate-induced Parkinson's /
Parkinsonism that would indicate a cure or treatment would be different from
those individuals that may have inherited a "gene"?

Has anyone had a significant amount of experience with this specific "type"
of Parkinson's and any "cures" or ideas that could help?

I have a number of people who, during the last five years in research, have
been exposed to high or chronic  levels of OP's and are looking for
treatment as well.

I thank you for your time, and hope that this post was appropriate.

Nancy Barrera
Boise, Idaho