Nitric Oxide Function in Skeletal Muscle???

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 3 22:15:55 EST 1999

Besides eNOS in the vasculature of muscles, nNOS is found within the
muscle fibers themselves.  Production of NO tends to decrease force of
contraction.  I believe "long ago"--as long ago as this very  recent
field allows--this negative ionotropic (right word???) function had
been studied in heart muscle; more recently in skeletal muscle.

Why don't you do Medline search on (skeletal muscle) AND (NO or NOS)?

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group