Nitric Oxide Function in Skeletal Muscle???

steve madison s.madison at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 4 19:47:19 EST 1999

hello all,

also tied to the force of contraction is frequency.  the expression of
nNOS is different depending on the type of skeletal muscle (slow vs. fast
twitch) examined (sorry, can't remember which muscle type has more nNOS).
check out a recent article by Reiser et al., 1997 (Journal of Applied
Physiology, Vol.82 (4): 1250-1255) were able to induce nNOS via electrical
stimulation.

steve
neuromuscular research
laurentian university