strange nerve disease?

Wolfgang Schwarz wschwarz at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 5 20:43:52 EST 1999

hello,

somebody told me of a disease in the peripheral nervous system, which
could not be cured: "all nerve ends" in the upper part of the body are
"somehow broken" and therebye causing a terrible pain in those parts
of the body.
Sorry, but the person who told me clearly wasn't a neuroscientist...
:-)
Anybody knows something about this? I'm interested in it, because I
thought that such sorts of pain are always caused somewhere in the
central nervous system. Which nerve ends are broken there? Just the A-
and C-fibers, or others? etc.

Thanks in advance,

Wolfgang.

--
homepage: http://www.wald.org/wolfgang
"Das Meer ist voll Wasser. Das soll einer verstehen." (Eric Satie)