Dental trouble & apnea (lidocaine abstracts)

Brian Sandle bsandle at southern.co.nz
Sat Feb 6 17:37:02 EST 1999

In sci.med.dentistry Brian Sandle <bsandle at southern.co.nz> wrote:
: In sci.med.dentistry Doggett Sheryl <sdoggett at f1n06.kent.edu> wrote:
: : The point:  a person may develop some weird compensatory postures to pain
: : that may cause more pain or pain in differnent places.

Does that happen in MS?

I have just had a complaint not to keep this thread on the multiple
sclerosis newsgroup and that has reminded me of some things I meant
to say.

Actually a week ago on New Zealand National Radio program `Future
Indicative' (probably avaible via www) I learned of how a woman
developed MS after an epidural anesthetic for back injury. That
made me write about this again. But when I was writing the article
the system failed and I forgot to include that next time, didn't I?

Though the MS - lidocaine test abstract stayed in.

As well as searching Medline
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/boolean.html
for multiple and sclerosis and lidocaine, which produces a few
interesting results and several not too relevant, I searched for
multiple and sclerosis and sleep and apnea.

I shan't bother you all with another list of abstracts and I think
it is easier to just do the search rather than type in what I think
are relevant titles. I shall be interested to see if the same
people who read the long list of abstracts also do the search and
whether it is just as time of reader/bandwidth economic. These days
with cheap memory and fast modems it is probably better to use them
to save readers time in searching. Maybe you will comment on that.

I was wondering if I had multiple sclerosis. Once before from a
post to the MS group I learned of unilateral coldness, which I have
had - in the right leg. It may be something else in my case. I gave
the wrong hip when I said turning to the left at the computer helps
it - it is the right one. Is MS ever confused with spinal pressure
on nerve exiting points?

I felt good this morning. When I woke I found my left chin muscles
coming back into control. Do you know the feeling when you feel a
little sad and pucker up the chin? I could only feel it in the
right side of the face. The left side would only pucher with much
more force. But now it has started to work much better again. But
getting on the comnputer again, though I am sitting slightly skew,
has worsened it slightly.

When it was fairly bad walking out in the street would make it worse.

So there are a number of troubles I might have.

Apologies for not spelling out all the questions and everything but
leaving it open ended. Sit and remember and think rather than read?

Brian Sandle