A NEW question about lidocaine

Richard Norman rsnorman at mw.mediaone.net
Sun Feb 7 09:37:21 EST 1999

The carotids and the vagus lie quite deep in the neck and any
possible reaction would likely have occurred much sooner.
You say this episode was similar to others you have experienced.
Could it have been merely coincidental?  or stress induced?
(assisted by your worrying about possible vagal/caroltid involvement)

Tim Tillman wrote in message ...
>Over a year ago I was having several moles (much less than 6.02 X
10^23)
>removed for cosmetic reasons over several months.  The max was two at
>time, as that was all BCBS would cover.  All were under local
lidocaine with
>epinepherin.
>
>The last two straddled the carotid artery on the right side of my
neck.  I
>remember thinking, "I hope the LPN doesn't stab me in the carotid.
Well,