Dolphin brain

TonyJeffs2 tonyjeffs2 at aol.comTonyJ
Sun Feb 7 04:24:59 EST 1999

In article
<cheney-3001990103430001 at pool0014-max1.ucla-ca-us.dialup.earthlink.net>,
cheney at ucla.edu (Michael C. Cheney) writes:

>In article <v04011700b2d0b1c2274f@[146.226.4.215]>, rhall at uvi.edu (Richard
>Hall) wrote:
>
>| Natural selection does not appear to favor humans or dolphins of extreme
>| intelligence...at least there is no evidence that the mean has shifted one
>| way or the other.  It is only sufficient that animals possess sufficient
>
>What is your basis for this statement?  Are you saying that there is no
>evidence that the average human intelligence has changed throughout
>evolutionary history?  What time scale are you thinking of, and what
>evidence is there that it hasn't changed?
>

> -mike

I guess intelligence is just one of the tools for success along with speed,
camaflauge etc.
Evolution will try to optimise these various 'tools of success' to suit the
animal's environment.   To a tiger, speed and agility are more important than
mathematical skills.

Intelligence is important to humans.
Teeth are importand to tigers.

Tony