Need advise on anim. activity meters

Michael Edelman mje at mich.com
Mon Feb 8 11:12:40 EST 1999

> On 24 Jan 1999 19:49:59 GMT, janczek at aol.com (JanCzek) wrote:
>
> >I am contemplating purchasing set of locomotion animal activity meters.
> >Could any one advise me which  are the best buy?

Depends on your budget and requirements. I built a very cheap system many
year ago on the advice of others by mounting a cage on a pivot so it could
tip one way or the other, just enough to activate a microswitch. The tilt
was perhaps a tenth of an inch at the ends. This was enough for comparative
measurements in what we were doing. Also works well as a measure of
conditioned avoidance in shock cages.