Dangerous drivers (Was: Re: machine brains)

james d. hunter jim.hunter at jhuapl.edu
Tue Feb 9 14:40:03 EST 1999

Pierre AUBINEAU wrote:

> Michael Edelman a écrit :
>
> >Humans can drive a car, smoke a cigarette, drink coffee and carry on
> >a phone conversation simultaneously.
>
> Yes, their brain can do this, but their hands or their mouth ?
>
> Incidentally, it is very impolite to speak (even by phone) while you are
> eating something.

  Brains can do that kind of stuff. But I believe
  AI researching needs to focus on intelligent processing
  rather than simple holistic parallel processing.

  An example of intelligent holistic parallel processing.

  A circus clown riding a unicycle 20 feet above
  ground on a tight rope while simultaneously
  juggling 5 balls and singing "Hail to the Chief"
  backwards.

  ---
  Jim