Emotional Change

Wayne wayne-pierce at email.msn.com
Wed Feb 10 13:47:45 EST 1999

Hi,

A couple years ago I became very ill but did not receive treatment for
several problems that surfaced all at once: Severe sinus infection, multiple
temporal seizures, and ruptured disk in my neck. In my attempts to get help
for these problems, I was constantly told I had no physical problems, but
was emotionally ill. When the sinus infection broke, the green goo poured
from my head for days and I was running a fever. It was two years before I
received any treatment for any of these problems. I felt something was
terribly wrong with my brain, I was extremely sensitive, I thought sure I
was dying... I have since had sinus sugary, I'm on seizure meds, and I've
had neck surgery.
    During the period when I could not get help, my emotions suddenly
snapped and I became very different mentally and emotionally and suffered
many very weird symptoms. By the time I started to get treatment, I was a
complete basket case. Though much better, I am still a complete basket case.
Events with high emotional content, whether happy or sad, can cause me to
break down. My thinking almost seems it's at the preconscious level. I'm
aware of this, but can't seem to get back to where I was. Today I still feel
something is wrong within my head--though MRI's do not reveal anything. I
talk with a shrink and he keeps thinking I have some organic problem.
    For some time I have thought that the sinus infection might have spread
into my brain or my brain was affected by two years of multiple seizures
every day. I've read where this can cause brain damage. Constantly being
told I had no organic problems but suffered panic attacks might have also
been a big factor. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks  Wayne