computational neuroscience conferences

Matt Jones jonesmat at ohsu.edu
Thu Feb 11 13:48:57 EST 1999

In article <36C2D251.FF6D5DF at dcs.shef.ac.uk> John Kazer,
j.kazer at dcs.shef.ac.uk writes:
>Could someone point me in the direction of any neuroscience conferences
>happening this year?  I'm especially interested in those covering
>computational neuroscience.
>
>Thanks

I believe Eric DeSchutter was advertising a Computational Neuroscience
workshop/conference in Trieste, Italy on this group recently. You might
try doing a www.dejanews.com search for that.

Also, I strongly recommend the Marine Biology Laboratory (Woods Hole,
Mass, USA) summer course in Computationaal Neuroscience. It's taught by
Bill Bialek and Rob DeRuyter, who were authors of the book
Spikes:Exploring the Neural Code. It's a month long, and there are tons
of visiting faculty in all different areas of Computational Neuroscience.
There's plenty of lab and computer time, and you do your own project
during the course. I think the web site is www.mbl.org.

Matt Jones