machine brains

james d. hunter jim.hunter at jhuapl.edu
Thu Feb 11 08:54:08 EST 1999

William Thomas wrote:

> no wonder we don't have an artificial brain yet - all the would be designers
> are closet philosophers.

  I don't really think that's the reason why there are
  no artificial brains yet. I believe the reason really
  is that there is no reason in the universe to code
  up a system that will do nothing but philosophize.
  There are 6,000,000,000+ natural philosophers,
  so an artificial philosopher might not be
  worth the cost.

  ---
  Jim