(no subject)

Walter Eric Johnson wej3715 at scully.tamu.edu
Fri Feb 12 04:32:22 EST 1999

Kalman Rubinson (kr4 at is2.nyu.edu) wrote:
: Walter Eric Johnson (wej3715 at scully.tamu.edu) wrote:
: > Which reflexes involve the brain for the processing?  Even the corneal
: > reflex, as near as the brain is, is entirely processed within the
: > trigeminal nerve.
:
: How do you figure that?  The afferent limb is the trigeminal nerve and the
: efferent limb is the facial nerve.  Where is the connection if not in the
: brainstem?

I either misunderstood whatever gave me that idea or the source was
wrong (probably the former).  In another source that I just looked in
is the following: "Unilateral lesions of nerve V, the tegmentum of
the pons, or the facial nerve alter this reflex."  So you are
entirely correct.

Eric Johnson