Nonhuman empathy

Jason Ebaugh ebau0002 at tc.umn.SPAMNOT.edu
Fri Feb 12 14:46:40 EST 1999

"Sergio Navega" <snavega at ibm.net> wrote:

>That would, according to what we currently know about brain sizes
>and evolutionary biology, appear to be pretty fantastic and will
>prompt for a complete revision of most of the things we know about
>biological organisms. "Unlikely" would not be strong enough a word
>to describe this hypothesis.

>Regards,
>Sergio Navega.

Am I misunderstanding you here?  You claim that mentalism would
require a complete revision of biology! With no offense intended, that
staement makes me seriously doubt your training and understanding.
Mentalism is indeed a force in behavioral biology. Many, hell most,
phanomena of behavior are straining to explain with mentalism.
Behaviorism is in no better shape. Also, the predictions of
behaviorism continualy fail to be realized. Thats why classical
behaviorusm was abandoned.