aspartamine/aspartame

AlMaur777 almaur777 at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 21:14:11 EST 1999

I'm a science journalist, and I've run up against this question a number of
times, most recently in a writer's list, where I noted objections to the
unfounded charges leveled against the sweetener (what a laundry list of
ailments!).
I met one of the doctors who evaluated the substance for safety and he said it
is generally harmlessly eliminated. I understand some studies do show an anti
depressive effect for the reason Mr. Modestino states in the first post.
I am very interested in hearing from other scientists on this matter, though.
Allan Maurer