aspartamine/aspartame

Tim Tillman tillman at ithink.net
Sat Feb 13 00:13:25 EST 1999

Hi Allen,

I have never measured it, but I have heard that the normal flora of the
large intestine produce more methanol than can be derived from aspartame.
The body is more than capable of dealing with this amount of methanol.
These bacteria also produce methane.  I assume that the methanol must come
from the oxidation of methane, but I don't know the mechanism.

Tim

news:19990212211411.17630.00000593 at ng-fz1.aol.com...