This is a neuroscience newsgroup!!!

Edward Justin Modestino ejmodest at sas.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 17 22:26:58 EST 1999

This is a neuroscience newsgroup designed to allow neuroscientists and
enthusiasts to pool resources, share information, network and get opinions
from fellow neuroscientists.  This is not a newsgroup to discuss religion
and philosophical arguments that are not directly related to neuroscience.
Bioethics, religion, philosophy and several cult followings have their own
newsgroups, chat sites and web postings.  Please refer to these if you wish
to discuss anything that is not about neuroscience or conducting
neuroscience.  Certain individuals have been using this forum
inappropriately to voice their religious delusions and cult beliefs. Oddly
enough, nothing that these people mention has any relevance to
neuroscience. Their behavior is pathological.  Perhaps we could discuss
theoretical neurobiology and their personal brain chemistry.  Perhaps they
have excessive dopamine and serotonin in a certain pathways in their
brains.  This is relevant to neuroscience!!  However, please refer to other
newsgroups, chat rooms and web postings to discuss anything that is not
neuroscience.  I promise that I personally will do the same from now on.
Ed Modestino