machine brains

Bloxy's Bloxy's at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:53:36 EST 1999

In article <36d32c7d.4242820 at news.demon.co.uk>, malcolm at pigsty.demon.co.uk (Malcolm McMahon) wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:01:32 GMT, Bloxy's at hotmail.com (Bloxy's) wrote:
>

>>> Self-awareness is the heart of conciousness.
>>
>>Yes. That is the central point.
>>Without awareness there is no possibility of intelligence
>>whatsoever.
>>

>Oh, I can't agree with that.

Unfortunately, if you don't agree, this one is
not an easy one to crack.
It is like talking about truth.
All you can say about is pure obscenity.
But ok, lets make at least a little effort.

> Inteligent behaviour is no more than
>reacting in a complex way to complex stimulae.

Nope. REACTING is machine level.
CREATING, growing in insight and vision.
And you will not be able to justify the "complex stimulae".
It will not reconcile.
The whole thing will become purely futile.
Computers may "react" to a complext stimulae,
but not intelligence.

> It doesn't require any
>kind of conscious awareness,

Ok, that is it then.