machine brains

Aaron Boyden aaron_boyden at banet.net
Sat Feb 20 08:11:06 EST 1999

Bloxy's wrote:

> There is no such a thing as machine intelligence.
> It is utter absurd.

In the course of decades of serious effort, nobody has managed to find a counter-example
to Church's thesis.  If that thesis is true, then there is no such thing as non-machine
intelligence; we're all Turing machines.

--
Aaron Boyden

"I may have done this and that for sufferers; but always I seemed to
have done better when I learned to feel better joys."
                                             -Thus spoke Zarathustra