This is a neuroscience newsgroup!!!

Canary birdbrain at pigeon.net
Sat Feb 20 00:47:10 EST 1999

Edward Justin Modestino <ejmodest at sas.upenn.edu> sayeth
> This is a neuroscience newsgroup designed to allow neuroscientists and
> enthusiasts to pool resources, share information, network and get
opinions
> from fellow neuroscientists.  This is not a newsgroup to discuss religion
> and philosophical arguments that are not directly related to
neuroscience.
> Bioethics, religion, philosophy and several cult followings have their
own
> newsgroups, chat sites and web postings....

Posting off topic is commonplace on Usenet.  Unfortunate, but not worth the
time or elevated blood pressure to combat.  If it could be combatted.

> ...neuroscience. Their behavior is pathological. Perhaps we could discuss
> theoretical neurobiology and their personal brain chemistry.  Perhaps
they
> have excessive dopamine and serotonin in a certain pathways in their
> brains.  This is relevant to neuroscience....

Interesting idea.  The etiology of religious fanaticism and internet
trolling.  Sounds like there's a graduate thesis in there somewhere.

In the meantime, all you can do is ignore off-topic threads.  Berating and
bemoaning are ineffective and counterproductive.  Very much in the spirit
of Usenet, however.

--Canary.