This is a neuroscience newsgroup!!!

ATeasd5941 ateasd5941 at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 19:25:24 EST 1999

knowledge of mental illness, what the hell are you doing using the word
"psychotic" as a playground, name-calling, term of abuse? Think about
it.  <<<<<<<<<<<

Actually mental illness is a matter of perception, a deviation from the normal
patterns of life. This obviously differs from culture to culture. Mr Modestino
and I come from different cultures I should think, as he  would be considered
rude in my culture. You would all adapt your mode of thinking if you lived in a
different culture, it's called self survival. In fact some wouldn't even notice
that they were doing it, teenagers do it all the time. That's why Hitler was
only seen as mad ' after' the event and not during. ( make what you like of
that)

Determination to acheive an aim, and having a view point on which others
disagree does not make a person mentally ill. The argument and surrounding
events do that, think about it !

BTW I am flattered by this thread :o)

Carol T