For every one scientist who dabbles in genetics

ATeasd5941 ateasd5941 at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 19:02:06 EST 1999

Yes it will, children from contented families live a longer life and produce
healthier children.

system won't change their genetic make-up or the genes they pass on to their
children.  Leisure activities and community support will do nothing to change
poor genetic health in the children or in THEIR children.<<<<<<<<<

So a farmers choice of breeding from healthy stock is wrong?  I think not.
arrangements of genes are not set even if individual genes are damaged. Gene
damage happens through accident but stays with us, but so do the subtle changes
created by the changing environment. It's what keeps us from being poisoned by
our own World. We can breed the good in, along side the damage and enhance
healthy traits, it's in our own hands. But we can't * repair * damage with
therapies, that has to be done with knowledge and skills we do not yet have.

I am not against therapies, I am against the dishonesty of claiming that they
are cures. Also the dishonesty of claiming that todays genetic medicine is
going to * cure* when in reality it is therapies that are in mind.

* Therapies turn killer diseases into chronic illnesses to be passed on through
the generations. That's the fact, think about the answer.

Greedy science now is going to stand in the way of the real cures for the
future.

Carol T