Seizures vs Spells, Panic Attacks

Wayne wayne-pierce at email.msn.com
Wed Feb 24 02:17:14 EST 1999

Several years ago I started having many seizures every day and night. Most
of these were with the aura, brain spasm, then de je vu (images from another
scene). At other times I felt "seizury" like I was about to have a seizure,
but didn't quite get there. I have had "seizures" or "spells" where suddenly
I feel it coming, my brain does a spasm, but I do not have the de je vu.
During this type, I know it is happening but I can not speak. I have never
passed out and do not have the muscle jerking symptoms. Though some have
felt I have "panic attacks" I never have rapid heartbeat or heavy breathing.
I have tested positive for seizures via an EEG test and am on Dilantin.
    During the period when this became very severe, we also discovered that
I had a bad sinus infection and a ruptured disk in my neck from a bike fall.
So the symptoms have been difficult to sort out.
    I guess my question is, what's the difference between partial complex
seizures, spells, and panic attacks? And could these be related to my sinus
infection and neck injury.

Thanks,   Wayne