LTP vs LTD

Austin P. So (Hae-Jin) haejin at netinfo.ubc.caX
Tue Feb 23 21:06:40 EST 1999

I'd suggest these papers:

De Koninck P, Schulman H.Science 1998 Jan 9;279(5348):227-30
Dolmetsch RE, Xu K, Lewis RS. Nature 1998 Apr 30;392(6679):933-6
Bhalla and Iyengar Science 1999 Jan 15; 283 381-387.

It isn't so much the difference in concentration as it is the oscillation
frequency of [Ca2+] fluctuations...and we are also talking about
populations of proteins at various activation states...so it's really a
game of tag.

Besides I wouldn't put too much faith in the LTP/LTD models, but that's
just my humble opinion...

--
---
Austin P. So (Hae Jin)