LTP vs LTD

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 24 23:56:20 EST 1999

I'll defer to original respondent, but reference to inadequacy of
LTP/LTD models might refer to (1) inadequacy of LTP as model of "memory
process", and/or (2) to artificiality of LTP paradigm itself (extremely
high frequency stimulation)--researchers beginning to use "PBP" or
primed-burst facilitation as closer to natural phenomena, and more
sensitive to conditions influencing long-term potentiation.

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group