Brain utilization

Jason Ebaugh ebau0002 at tc.umn.SPAMNOT.edu
Wed Feb 24 23:02:46 EST 1999

The "you only use 10% of your brain" nonsense came about from the fact
that people have lost 90% of their brain in accidents and their heart
still beated, they could breath, and they could still crap their
pants.

Nuronal tissue is very expensive physiologically, and evolution would
never select for the 90% that supposedly isn't used.

I remeber a 3rd grade teacher I had that used to us that we only used
10% of our brain in a way that seemed like we were supposed to feel
guilty about it or something.

It is a wives tale, utter nonsense.