GAMMA-OH and trytophan

Pseudonym at my-dejanews.com Pseudonym at my-dejanews.com
Thu Feb 25 01:27:25 EST 1999

There's another way of looking at this.  The FDA is going to trash any drug
that doesn't have a company (and consequently politicians) behind it.  They
explicitly said that one reason they took trytophan off of the market was
because it was eating into the sales of pharmaceutical companies'
anti-depressants, and that this wasn't good for psychiatry because
pharmaceutical companies fund most psychiatric research.  If you don't
believe this check out Shulgin's two books.

The glass might also be half*full.  Now that someone is willing to shell the
$300 million out that it costs to get a drug approved here in the US, Gamma OH
will have an advocate, and hence be sold.

As you might appreciate on my posts about morphine being helpful in cases of
OCD when even hacking 4 parts of the brain didn't help, it's too bad morphine
and the other opiates are no longer under patent.