Question about emotions versus reactions

Jason Ebaugh ebau0002 at tc.umn.SPAMNOT.edu
Thu Feb 25 14:28:43 EST 1999

Ivo Kwee <kwee at medphys.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>I think that is a _very_ interesting model. The tri-partite brain might
>be too simple for real life (and for LeFever PhD...)

It isn't that triune brain theory is simple, the problem is that it is
flat out wrong.

>When the information reaches the "human" part (neocortex) we can
>manipulate the information in a "conscious" way, make relation, estimate
>its effects and mix it with experience. IPO the function of the
>neo-cortex is to _induce_ (conscious) voluntary behaviour.

Why is the neo-cortex the "human" part of the brain? Dolphins have
more of it than humans do. Also about counsciousnes, why do you equate
this to the neo-cortex? Awarness is the domain of the reticular
formation, which sprang up long before humans.