What is the Real Essence of Man?

Swearingen swear000 at uwp.edu
Fri Feb 26 15:30:17 EST 1999

Genetics.  The human genome.  Man's attempt to quantify and discover
what is not fully understood.  Quite honestly, science and genetics has
given our modern world insight into an area that was at one time
unknown.  We now have the remarkable ability to specifically target an
area of concern (i.e. mismatched genes).  Our Lord allows these things
to happen for a reason.  His plan for our lives (as well as humanity)
can never be fully understood.  This is because mankind truly possess a
"darkened intellect" as the famous philosopher Calvin put it.  We are
born into a dark and sinful world.  Fortunately, we can avoid many of
the mistakes that were previously encountered throughout history.  The
most effective way of accomplishing this goal is by co-operation and the
continual quest for knowledge.  Do unto others as you would have them do
unto you.  Arguments can cause barriers that limit the flow of
productive understanding :-)